Pops and Civic Performances
The orchestra's repertoire includes a variety of pops and light classical favorites for your event . Listen to selections from our September 26, 2004 Rogers Center Pops Concert. (Three mp3 files which the webmaster hopes will stream smoothly for dialup connections.) Complete CD of this concert for sale at MVPO performances.
|El Relicario, by José Padilla
(Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra)
|1 MB||3:39 min|
|Pops Hoedown, by Richard Hayman
(Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra, George Monseur conductor)
|2.2 MB||7:34 min|
|Walking the Dog, by George Gershwin
(Louis Stewart, Piano and the Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra)
|0.9 MB||3:11 min|
From its founding 49 years ago, the Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra has been pleased and privileged to participate in a wide variety of community events. Examples:
- Pops concerts for the Rotary in Lawrence in the 1970's;
- Haverhill Rotary September Fest for 16 years at Bradford College and later at Haverhill High School.
- Lawrence's 150th Homecoming Celebration at Catholic Central in 1977;
- Leornard Bernstein's 65th Birthday Celebration at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Lawrence in 1983;
- Fourth of July celebrations at Salem, New Hampshire, Stadium Field, 1984 - 1988;
- Merrimack Valley United Fund celebration at Collins Center in 1991;
- Ayer Mill Clock Tower Restoration celebration in 1991;
- Pops concerts at the Maudslay Art Center in Newburyport, 1992 -1998;
- Fourth of July celebrations at Castle Hill, Ipswich, 1999 -2008.
- Rogers Center for the Arts Pops Concerts 2001 - 2009.